Underage fan groped at ‘SNL’ afterparty, lawsuit says
NEW YORK — Tina Fey and Seth Meyers were among several “Saturday Night Live” cast members who watched as Horatio Sanz sexually assaulted a 17-year-old fan at an after-party in 2002, according to an amended lawsuit filed by the alleged victim.
The woman, identified only as Jane Doe, sued Sanz in August 2021 and added NBC to the lawsuit in February.
In the newest court documents filed Wednesday, Doe said she and Sanz were sitting on a couch at an after-party in 2002 when Sanz groped her and then digitally penetrated her, the Daily Beast reported.
The suit said Fey, Meyers, Rachel Dratch, Maya Rudolph and Ana Gasteyer all witnessed the assault, according to the Daily Beast. “Gasteyer’s jaw dropped, her arms shook and she became visibly startled,” the lawsuit said.
“When I looked at Fey and Dratch, who were excitedly giggling and talking with their hands over their mouths while looking directly at me and Sanz ... ,” Doe wrote in the suit.
Doe said she clearly told Sanz that she wanted him to stop, but he insisted she “keep going with him.”
In prior filings, Doe said that she started an “SNL” fan website and was first invited to an after-party when she was just 15. She said Sanz groomed her and invited her to at least 12 parties, consistently offering her drugs and alcohol at the events.
Sanz has denied the claims from the start, calling the accusations “categorically false,” “meritless” and “ludicrous.” His lawyer claimed last year that Doe approached Sanz and demanded $7.5 million for her silence.
In the lawsuit, Doe included a text message allegedly from Sanz reading: “If you want to metoo me you have every right.”
NBC said it was not responsible for Sanz’s “after-hours” behavior and motioned to be dismissed from the lawsuit.