WATERTOWN — A dryer at the Colonial Laundromat caught fire Saturday morning, causing the laundromat on North Massey Street to be evacuated briefly.

Shortly after 11 a.m., firefighters began removing burning clothes from the dryer that caught fire. Customers waited in the parking lot while the scene was cleared.

It appeared the laundromat was still operational as the fire was contained to one dryer and extinguished quickly.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.