Trailer home in Chaumont damaged by furnace fire

CHAUMONT — A single-wide trailer was heavily damaged by a furnace blaze Wednesday.

Early Wednesday morning, the owner of the trailer, who decided not to give his name, said he had just gotten home from work when he heard a loud bang. He got up to see what it was and noticed his furnace was on fire.

A neighbor dialed 911 and first responders were on scene for nearly three hours working the fire. The owner got out safely and was optimistic about no one being harmed in the fire.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.