A vehicle sits charred inside a garage at a residence on South James Street in Carthage Wednesday night. Provided photo

CARTHAGE — A vehicle fire on Wednesday night charred a Ram inside a garage at a residence on South James Street in Carthage.

According to Carthage Fire Chief Brian Draper, someone was working on their 2002 Ram when fuel leaked out and caught fire.

The person then attempted to go inside to get something to put the fire out. When they went back outside, the fire was much bigger, Mr. Draper said.

According to Mr. Draper, the total response time for the fully involved vehicle was two minutes from the Carthage Fire Department to the residence.

No injuries were reported, and no buildings were affected, Mr. Draper said.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.