WATERTOWN — An 11-year-old boy was transported on Friday afternoon to Samaritan Medical Center after he suffered a medical problem from vaping.
The unidentified boy complained of throat and chest pain and was vomiting after he experimented with his brother’s e-cigarettes shortly after 2 p.m. Friday, fire and 911 officials said.
He was taken by Guilfoyle to the hospital as a precaution, fire officials said.
The Watertown Police Department also responded to the scene.
Last week, New York became the first state to ban the sale of flavored electronic cigarettes and nicotine e-liquids. The ban went into effect immediately.
The impact of health issues associated with vaping has become a national issue.