Facebook

LOWVILLE — A man’s workshop behind his home was destroyed by fire on the last day of the year.

One of Sam Kriwox’s neighbors noticed a problem with the pole barn and called 911 at about 6:15 p.m.

By the time the Martinsburg Volunteer Fire Department arrived at 4009 Rector Road, the fire at the workshop was “fully involved,” according to a Lewis County fire report.

The building and all of its contents were lost in the blaze, but there were no injuries. There was also some damage to the siding on Mr. Kriwox’s residence.

The building was insured.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.