Turin hopes history repeats, new building rises from Brick Block fire

Many businesses have made the Brick Block their home at the corner of East Main and State Route 26 in Turin over the 155 years since it was built. The row buildings were constructed by C.G. Riggs in 1870 after two of his businesses and a number of other buildings burned down in a 1869 blaze. Photo courtesy of the Lewis County Historical Society

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.