Fire quickly contained at Sackets Harbor residence

(Dreamstime/TNS)

SACKETS HARBOR — Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire in a Dodge Avenue home on Saturday afternoon.

The fire, called in at 4:01 p.m., spread to the roof of a house at 102 Dodge Ave., but firefighters put it out in about 20 minutes, Sackets Harbor fire officials said.

They contained the fire by cutting a hole in the roof and fighting it that way. The damage was described by fire officials as minimal.

No one was injured.

The house was determined uninhabitable until repairs to the roof can be made.

The American Red Cross was at the scene to help the displaced residents.

The Smithville and Brownville fire departments assisted at the scene.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.